Maori inspired tattoo designs and tribal tattoos images

Hand drawn Kirituhi designs, custom tattoos, sketches, tutorials and high resolution printable tattoo flash drawings.

September 18, 2009

Kirituhi shoulder and chest tattoo drawing

Written by Mark Storm

Hi!

I promised to tell you something about one of my latest tattoo projects, so here it is.

Normally my main part of designs consists of shoulder pieces, but for this design a customer
asked me to do a shoulder AND chest piece in one.

It's really tricky to get it all on a flat sheet of paper, so I needed some sort of body template.
The tattoo only covered the outer side of the left arm (from shoulder to elbow) and the left pectoral muscle.
My customer used a sheet of tracing paper and simple traced the shape of his body. The total template looked like this:

shoulder chest tattoo template design















The design had to be maori style and have some nice flowing curles/koru. First I drew the outlines of the maori shapes:

maori style tattoo drawings













Then I filled the shapes with some traditional lines, triangles and other tribal design stuff.

sketch maori tatoo designs














I take pictures of the design with my Canon EOS 400D and send these photos to the customer. It's a lot quicker than scanning it, because it is on A3 size paper.
The final design is ofcourse scanned in high resolution.

Here are a few shots of the tattoo sketch in progress.

photos maori designs and sketchespictures maori kirituhi tattoos












I just received a comment from the customer, that he wants the fills a bit more intricate, instead of the traditional tattoo lines.

So I'll get back to you soon with an adjusted tattoo design.

Kind regards, Mark

Arts Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory