Maori inspired tattoo designs and tribal tattoos images

Hand drawn Kirituhi designs, custom tattoos, sketches, tutorials and high resolution printable tattoo flash drawings.

October 27, 2010

Silver fern storm3d style tattoo

Written by Mark Storm

Hi there,

Another nice project today, a client asked me to draw a New Zealand/Maori silver fern in my own "storm3d" style.

The tattoo would be placed just below his arm to just above the hip, around 30 cm in height, quite a large tatoo.

First I made a sketch:

silver fern maori tattoo design

















You can see a row of spearheads and some abstract leaves in a repetitive rythm.
I added a curve to the fern so it would flow nicely on the clients body.
The first sketch was approved, so I could trace the design with a marker, scan it and add some nice shadings to the leaves and arrowheads.
The high quality picture looks like this:

New Zealand silver fern maori images



I'm working on a new design that will be for sale on this blog, a Maori inspired design with a touch of Samoan elements.
Tomorrow I will add some pictures and maybe I have finished it by that time.

Just check back soon!

Kind regards, Mark Storm
info@storm3d.com
www.storm3d.com

Arts Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory