Maori inspired tattoo designs and tribal tattoos images

Hand drawn Kirituhi designs, custom tattoos, sketches, tutorials and high resolution printable tattoo flash drawings.

January 8, 2011

Polynesian eye tattoo with coconut leaves

Written by Mark Storm

Hi,

I've been working on a new custom design project in the first week of January.
My client wanted a quarter sleeve tattoo, covering the shoulder and half the upper arm, in a Polynesian style.
I had to incorporate some different tribal elements, like the Polynesian eye, coconut leaves and sharp triangles, as a symbol for shark teeth. He also wanted a turtle shell shape added to the tatoo

In the first sketch you can see that I started in the center with the Eye, surrounded by triangular shapes, which looks a little like a sun.
Then I drew some coconut leaves below it and made it flow with the circle above it.

polynesian turtle eye coconut leaves tattoococonut leaves tattoo polynesian shoulder design


















In the final sketch I made a symmetrical polynesian mask in the lower center and a repetitive border ath both sides.

After tracing it, scanning and optimizing it in Photoshop, the high resolution tattoo looks like this:

high resolution polynesian tattoos maskHope to update you soon with a few new projects, so if you want to follow me, simply hit the Twitter button on the right!



Kind regards, Mark Storm
info@storm3d.com

My designs are for sale at:
http://tribalflashtattoos.blogspot.com

Arts Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory