Maori inspired tattoo designs and tribal tattoos images

Hand drawn Kirituhi designs, custom tattoos, sketches, tutorials and high resolution printable tattoo flash drawings.

April 27, 2012

Shouldercap tattoo in Samoan Maori patterns

Written by M. Storm

Hi,

I have been quite busy the last few months with a lot of different projects, with little time to write posts on my blog.
But to show you some new projects I've been working on; here's a new tattoo for my shoulder galleries. It's a mixed design with Maori elements and Samoan pattern. The images below show the design process in different steps. First I make a basic outline for the shoulder as a template. Then I use my pencil to sketch some flowing koru shapes. Normally I do the whole piece with pencil first and start tracing it when I'm finished.
Today I was a bit impatient, and decided to trace parts of the tribal shapes. You see some Polynesian turtle patterns and Samoan spearheads and stylized fish.


Here you see half of the design traced with a black felt tip marker:


And a few pictures of the finished shoulder tattoo design





I also made a youtube movie of this Shoulder tattoo 156:


The tattoo is available for purchase on my website here.

Tomorrow I will be back with another design process!

Regards, Mark

Arts Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory